Moving and relocations do not come at dirt cheap prices. After all, you are going to relocate your entire house, the entire world to a new place. The cost matters a lot and it is highly dependent on the size of the move. While there is no fixed rate card or tariff for relocations, especially in Singapore, the house movers have the liberty to choose any company of their choice, depending upon budget and urgency.
If you look at the above statements, you might already have an idea that regular house movers or commercial movers make a move based on the distances or weight volume. When you are wishing to hire packers and Movers Company in Singapore, you essentially need to have an idea of the process as well as charges for each job. If you are good at negotiations, you will be surprised to know that you can easily save a lot of bucks while working with a reputed company.
All you need know about movers and packers charges
Movers and packers charges will include several services such as:
- Transportation charges
- Packing charges
- Unloading charges
- Charges for value added services
- Loading and handling charges
- Transit insurance
- Applicable taxes
Now, looking at all the cost heads, insurance, handling and transporting fees, all the numbers will vary depending upon the volume, value, and weight of your goods. For example, the packing and moving cost of a fridge and a cabinet of the same size will differ because both of them will require different types of packing material. Fridge packing will be delicate and careful whereas a cabinet can be packed easily without much risk.
Therefore, the charges of packers and Movers Company vary and it is better not to get into the rough ideas of movers and packers over the phone. Better to ask them to come to your home and provide you with a rough estimate. Else, you will find increment in ultimate bills which you cannot deny at the later phase.
Moving companies may charge you for the variety of often unexpected things as:
- If the company is forced to take an alternate route due to unavoidable circumstances.
- If they need to hire more team members to handle complex furniture
- If your material does not fit the booked vehicle and they need to book another small truck. It might also be that you had booked a large truck but the truck cannot access your new home
- When they have to disassemble and assemble your large furniture and appliances for moving
- If shifting requires them to move up and down stairs several times
- Many move packers have unregulated staffs on their disposal who will insist you for more money
All of the above charges are negotiable and thus, you can cope with them. By cutting these small prices you can save a relevant amount of money on the total budget.